Here I am with my inspiration for a Friday night dinner!
It’s a traditional pizza from Bella Napoli,
Pizza Margherita homemade; the Queen of the pizzas!
The ingredients for this pizza are always in my kitchen, but I bet that you have them too.
I am Italian and therefore I always bake my pizza at home unless you have the fortune to live in Italy nearby Naples like my parents and have a wonderful pizzeria nearby.
In this case, you go to the pizzeria and eat there your pizza. A special feature in this pizzeria: You can order your pizza by feet. Yes, you read that right! A pizza long 1 feet! What?! Don’t you believe me? Wait a minute, I’ll fix the picture for you!
So, may I present a delicious pizza long 1 feet! Served in Agerola, Pizzeria La Selva!
When I want to feel near to my homeland here in Northern Germany, I bake my own pizza! Unfortunately not the long version.
I miss here the delicious original regional ingredients like the mozzarella from Agerola. Although this pizza is unbeatable delicious!
Buona, we say in Italy! 😉
Pizza Margherita homemade
- 500 g flour, type 405
- 1 sachet of dried yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 350 ml water, lukewarm
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Mozzarelle
- 2 cans tomatoes pieced
- 1 onion, peeled, whole
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, whole
- basil leaves
- Salt pepper
For the dough:
- Place the flour in a bowl. Dissolve the dried yeast in 350 ml lukewarm water. Add salt and sugar, mix a little, add the olive oil and stir well.
- Now pour this mixture over the flour and start to massage well until you get a smooth dough.
- After that put at the bottom of the bowl a little oil and cover. Let the dough rest for about 2 to 3 hours.
- In a saucepan, heat a little olive oil, add the chopped tomatoes. Add the non-chopped onion and garlic. Yes, I use those both ingredients non-chopped, because I want only the taste not the pieces in the sauce. Season with salt and pepper, stir well and let simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Stir occasionally. When the garlic and the onions are soft, the sauce is ready. Remove the onion and the garlic and let the sauce cool.
- Before you start the further processing of the dough, dice the mozzarella.
- Preheat the oven to the highest level.
- Divide the dough into two equal balls, bring on a floured surface into a desired shape. these divide into two equal balls. Bring on a floured surface into a desired shape. Use a baking paper on your baking pan.
- Now spread the finished cooled sauce on both pizzas. Spread the mozzarella.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- After the baking season with fresh basil leaves, drizzle some olive oil over it.
Recipe first appeared on emmiscookinside.blog