RICETTA IN ITALIANO –
Torta Caprese tradizionale
REZEPT IN DEUTSCH –
Süßes aus dem Ofen: Torta Caprese traditionell
I want to introduce you to this wonderful cake with a great tradition! Torta Caprese! Full of chocolate taste!
The history of the Torta Caprese:
This cake is very old. But not very far actually. They were the twenties, and Capri had landed three criminals sent by Al Capone for some business. They had ordered a cake to the chef Carmine Di Fiore. Careful and scrupulous, Carmine that time forgot a crucial detail: the flour.
A mistake that on that occasion could lead to a tragedy, but fate decided otherwise: the criminals appreciated the idea of Carmine and demanded the recipe. This way Di Fiore began producing the experiment regularly to baptise Capri cake.
And here is the traditional recipe for this delicious cake! Perfect for Christmas time as a dessert cake!
Torta Caprese traditional
- 300 g of ground and/or chopped almonds
- 300 g dark chocolate
- 250g butter
- 200g sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- powdered sugar
- Melt the butter with the chocolate in a double boiler. Then take it away from the heat and let it cool down. Stir occasionally.
- Separate the eggs and beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff and put them in the fridge. Stir the egg yolks with the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Carefully stir the chocolate to the egg yolks and add the chopped almonds. Then fold in gently the egg whites.
- Prepare a baking springform (24 cm diameter) with baking paper, grease slightly and pour the finished mixture into it.
- Bake at 180 ° for one hour. Check with a stick if the cake is ready.
- After baking, take it out of the oven, cool slightly, then remove it from the form and place on a cake plate. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
Recipe from: emmiscookinside.blog
PIN IT !
You like my recipes?
Then click HERE to subscribe to my newsletter and get all my new recipes for free!
or mail me: firstname.lastname@example.org