Here is a recipe, which I developed a while ago!
Chickpea balls with tofu and bell peppers
Yes, it is a vegan recipe and I have experimented again with legumes, in this case, chickpeas, which are very versatile and we all love on our plates, our Junior too!
Well, I first checked my pantry, what I have in the house and then I developed this dish!
My slogan: look, combine, cook!
Quite simple right? So I’ve decided to make these delicious chickpeas and tofu balls and the best of all: they‘ re not even fried!
No, just put them in the oven and you‘ re done!
Make a bunch of it, bake them and freeze them in portions, doing so you always have a quick dinner idea on hand!
Here is the easy recipe!
Chickpeas balls with tofu and bell peppers
- 350 g cooked chickpeas
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 150 g firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 2 slices of toast
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- salt, pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tsp thyme, dried
- Place the cooked chickpeas in a large bowl and coarsely mash with a masher.
- Chop coarsely the peeled carrots and the onion, after removing the seeds dice coarsely the bell pepper. Put all together in a blender and chop.
- In a pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and lightly fry the ingredients. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Add tomato paste and a sip of water. Mix well and simmer for a few minutes until no more liquid is there. Allow to cool slightly and add the chickpeas.
- Crumble two slices of toast and the tofu with your hands and give everything in the bowl. Add the chickpea flour and then mix everything well and knead. Season with thyme and pepper. Possibly add some breadcrumbs if the measure is still too moist.
- Now form the chickpea balls and place in a greased ovenproof dish. Brush the top of the balls with a little oil.
- Push in the preheated oven at 220 ° and bake for 30 minutes on the medium stock rail.
Recipe first appeared on emmiscookinside.blog