RICETTA IN ITALIANO –
Polpettine di ceci con feta e peperoni al forno
REZEPT IN DEUTSCH –
Aus dem Ofen: Kichererbsen-Bällchen mit Feta und Paprika
Here is a recipe, which I developed a while ago!
Yes, it is a vegetarian recipe and I have experimented again with legumes, in this case, chickpeas, which are very versatile and we all love on our plates, our Junior too!
Well, I first checked my stocks, what I have in the house and then I developed this dish! My slogan: look, combine, cook! 😉 Quite simple right? 😉 So I’ve decided to make these delicious chickpeas and feta balls and the best of all: they’ re not even fried! No, just put them in the oven and you’ re done!
Make a bunch of it, bake them and freeze them in portions, doing so you always have a quick dinner idea on hand!
Chickpeas balls with feta and bell peppers
- 350 g cooked chickpeas
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 200 g Feta
- 1 egg
- 2 slices of toast
- 1 tablespoon bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- salt, pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tsp thyme, dried
- Place the cooked chickpeas in a large bowl and coarsely mash with a masher.
- Chop coarsely the peeled carrots and the onion, after removing the seeds dice coarsely the bell pepper. Put all together in a blender and chop.
- In a pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and lightly fry the ingredients. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Add tomato paste and a sip of water. Mix well and simmer for a few minutes until no more liquid is there. Allow to cool slightly and add the chickpeas.
- Crumble two slices of toast and the feta with your hands and give everything in the bowl. Add an egg and then mix everything well and knead. Season with thyme and pepper. Possibly add some breadcrumbs if the measure is still too moist.
- Now form 16 balls and place in a greased ovenproof dish. Brush the top of the balls with a little oil.
- Push in the preheated oven at 220 ° and bake for 30 minutes on the medium stock rail.
If you want to form any balls, this recipe is super as a roast!
I have served these balls with oven roasted carrots, kohlrabi and potatoes, a mixed salad and homemade yogurt-herbs-sauce.
Recipe from: http://www.emmiscookinside.blog
PIN IT !
You like my recipes?
Then click HERE to subscribe to my newsletter and get all my new recipes for free!