Ricetta in Italiano:
Dal forno: Crespelle farcite con mozzarella
Rezept in Deutsch:
Aus dem Ofen: Italienische Pfannkuchen mit Mozzarella gefüllt
Do you love pancakes? So then this is definitely for you! Crespelle!!
Crespelle, what’s this? Well, very simple: they are the Italian Sisters of the French crepes!
In Italian kitchens, this crespelle comes often in use and I want to show you one of many other possibilities!
This recipe is for 12 Italian pancakes which you can make and freeze in order to reuse in case you need a quick dinner! This is great!
Or make those delicious stuffed Italian pancakes with mozzarella and you have a delicious weeknight dinner for your family!
Italian pancakes (Crespelle) stuffed with mozzarella
The Basic recipe for 12 pieces (flat plate size):
- 200 g flour
- 3 eggs
- 500 ml milk
- 500 g tomato sauce
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon Italian herbs
- 2 mozzarella cut into slices
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- I highly recommend preparing the crespelle in time, so that they have time to cool down in order to be processed for this dish.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs first, then stir in the flour slowly, slowly add the milk and stir constantly until all ingredients are well blended. Let rest this dough for 10 minutes.
- Oil and heat a non-stick pan with a pastry brush lightly. Enter with a soup ladle the batter into the pan and spread thin. Fry from each side for about 1 minute. Then let cool down on a plate. Proceed that way until there is no more dough.
- While the crespelle cools, you can prepare the sauce. In a pan heat a little olive oil, lightly sauté the shallots and garlic. Add the tomato passata and stir well. Season with salt, pepper and herbs and simmer for about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Cut mozzarella into slices.
- Spread 2 tablespoons sauce in an ovenproof dish.
- Now distribute to each crespelle some sauce, put on a half 1 to 2 slices of mozzarella, fold and fold the half again.
- Lay the folded crespelle in the oven proofed dish one to another and sprinkle with grated Parmesan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes at 220 ° for 20 minutes.
- Serve this delicious stuffed crespelle with mozzarella with a nice salad!
Recipe from: emmiscookinside.blog
You like my recipes?
Then click HERE to subscribe to my newsletter and get all my new recipes for free!
or mail me: firstname.lastname@example.org