Ricetta in Italiano
Dal forno: Sformato di patate Tex-Mex
Rezept in Deutsch
Aus dem Ofen: Kartoffelauflauf Tex-Mex
Here is a recipe made of leftovers! You have surely already noticed that I always try to use everything in my kitchen, even if there are small minimal leftovers, which I freeze.
Then, when I am planning, I always look what I have in stock there and what is in the freezer.
So, this time, I found out that I have still chilli sin carne leftovers in the freezer. But this amount wasn’ t enough for us 3, but for my idea was it perfect! Then I’ ve seen a smaller portion of minced meat, which is then been used for this delicious dish.
Obviously, I could have made Chili con carne out of it, but I was in the mood for something more complete. So I came up with the idea of a hearty potato casserole Tex-Mex!
Here the recipe!
Oven baked: Potato casserole Tex-Mex
- 8 medium potatoes, cooked al dente and sliced
- Chilli sin carne leftovers, or:
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 small can of beans without liquid
- 300g minced meat
- 2 cups tomatoes passata
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup grated Gouda cheese or other cheese
- 1 casserole
- Cook the unpeeled potatoes al dente. Let them cool, peel and cut into slices.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan heat the oil, fry lightly the onion, garlic, and carrot. Add the minced meat and roast well, add a little salt and pepper. Then add the tomatoes and stir well.
- Drain the beans and add together with the bell pepper. Close lid and cook at medium heat for approximately 25 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Grease a casserole with a little oil. Spread then 2 tablespoons of sauce, then start with a layer of potato slices, then spread some chilli and a little cheese. Then again potatoes, chilli, and the remaining cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven at 220 ° for about 20 minutes. I have served this delicious potato casserole TexMex with a colourful mixed salad!
Recipe from: emmiscookinside.blog
You like my recipes?
Then click HERE to subscribe to my newsletter and get all my new recipes for free!
or mail me: email@example.com