Hello, my dear friends!
I think, that this wonderful recipe should be on my blog! It’s a recipe with a tradition in my family!
I’ve called it here Bread salad, but traditionally it’s a Neapolitan caponata. In other regions of Italy for example in Tuscany, they call this dish Panzanella, which you’ve read thousands of time!
Well and here I have a personal version of this delicious and quick dish!
Here is the recipe!
Bread salad with tomatoes
- 3 slices whole wheat bread or other bread of your choice
- 5 tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt and pepper
- if you want to: garlic
- 1 little bowl with some water
- Put the bread on a baking sheet and let slowly roast in the oven. When it is ready, let it cool and put it for a minute into a little bowl with water. After that crumble it with your hands into a salad bowl.
- Wash and dice the tomatoes. Peel the onion and cut into slices, if you want, add garlic.
- Mix well, season with salt and pepper. Add the olive oil to taste and stir everything well.
If you like, you can add olives and tuna to this wonderful dish!
Recipe from: emmiscookinside.blog
You like my recipes?
Then click HERE to subscribe to my newsletter and get all my new recipes for free!
or mail me: firstname.lastname@example.org