Hello my dear friends!
Today I present you once again a traditional Neapolitan dish, which my Nonna (Grandma) made and my mom still makes!
And it belongs to one of my many favorite dishes of this wonderful region Campania !! 😉
It is important to mention here that this dish is eaten COLD, you can prepare it in peace and it is ideal for hot temperatures! 😉
Here is the simple recipe!
One skillet vegetables (Cianfotta)
- 4 medium potatoes
- 2 courgettes
- 2 eggplants
- 2 bell peppers
- olive oil
- Salt Pepper
- Peel and wash the potatoes. Cut them lengthwise into thin slices (about 2 cm thick).
- Wash the courgettes, the bell peppers and the egglplants. Remove the seed from the bell peppers and cut into stripes.
- Cut the ends from the courgettes and the eggplants and cut them in thin strips too.
- In a larger skillet preheat the olive oil. Saute the different vegetables one after another separately.
- Start with the courgettes, fry a litte for about 5 minutes. Put them after that in a bowl. Salt a little.
- Add a little olive oil into the pan, then fry the eggplants for about 5 minutes. Put them to the courgettes into the bowl. Salt a little.
- If needed, add a little oil and continue with the bell peppers. Sauté well for about 5 minutes and add them to the other vegetables in the bowl.
- At the end fry the potatoes slices. Add some salt, stir well and fry for about 10 to 15 minutes, till they’re done.
- After that add them to the other ingredients into the bowl.
- Stir all the ingredients in the bowl, if necessary add a litte salt, pepper and basil.
Serve cold as a perfect side dish.
Recipe from: www.emmiscookin.com
If you like my recipes, you can subscribe via E.-Mail!