Well, I think that now the summer is here! Well, at least for a couple of days the summer knocks on the doors of Northern Germany. But somehow it disappears again and again. Now and then he dares to stay a few days to our all joy!!
And so it was that this little loving recipe arose at a northern German summer day, this easy and delicious salad!
Honestly, you don’t feel to stay for a long time in the kitchen at warm temperatures. Well, I feel that way. And so I invent a lot of little fine things.
For example this green beans salad with tomatoes and red onions. Quite simple ingredients, which I had in the house. I always first have a look what’s in storage, then I write my plans. I often cook with my fantasy, a little bit of this a little bit of that and it leads to simple great stuff. Junior says: “Mum, you’re the best cook in the world!”. My answer: “Thank you! For me, it’s my mum! “;-)
Here is the recipe!
Green beans salad
- 300 g green beans, frosted
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- some water and vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Italian herbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt pepper
- Cook the frozen green beans in lightly salted water for about 15 minutes.
- Then pour off and let it cool.
- Wash, chop the tomatoes and place in a salad bowl.
- Peel, halve and thinly slice the red onion. infuse in a small bowl with warm water and a little vinegar for about 5 minutes. *)
- Then take out, drain a little and put into the salad bowl.
- Finally, add the green beans. Season with salt, pepper and herbs, add olive oil and stir everything well.
*) The effect of this procedure with sliced onions, that the essential oils of the onions come out and the onions are more digestive
Recipe from: emmiscookinside.blog
You like my recipes?
Then click HERE to subscribe to my newsletter and get all my new recipes for free!
or mail me: firstname.lastname@example.org