Although now is summer, you do not think necessarily of Lasagne. Nevertheless, I have made on a rainy Sunday a light garden lasagne with vegetables. Across the summer garden, so to speak.
Sometimes I use store-bought Lasagna plates. This time, I’ve bought the Barilla „Emiliane“. These are not made from durum wheat, but there are egg noodles (ie not suitable for vegan cuisine) and taste better. Barilla has in the preparation of pasta different editions and the pasta Emiliana is one of them. This I can really recommend you for the Lasagna if you don’t like to make the pasta dough for the Lasagna at home. The Lasagna plates must not be pre-cooked., but can be processed directly and are really very good quality.
(By the way: The whole Pasta Barilla, which is made from durum wheat is also vegan)!
No, I’m not getting paid for this ad for Barilla, I recommend you this only because I love to use Barilla in general if there is not exactly an offer on Pasta from Gragnano. What is going on with the Pasta of Gragnano, I’ll tell you in one of the next posts coming up!
So here we are with this delicious so to say Garden Lasagna with vegetables and even here I have done it that Junior has eaten vegetables, which he does not like in and of itself, namely courgettes. But processed like that he has eaten the courgettes without a sigh.
Think about it to bring vegetables on your table for your kids, over and over again, always in different processing. The kids will eat them and note that veggies are not so bad!
Here is the easy recipe!
(With the vegan modification)
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 2 bell peppers, finely diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery, diced
- ½ cup red lentils
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter (or Alsan – herbal butter)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 250 ml of milk (or dairy free milk like soy milk or oat milk)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 packet of tomato puree
- 2 mozzarella, diced
- (Or vegan mozzarella Soyatoo or Bute Iceland)
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 5 basil leaves
- Salt pepper
- Sauté in a large pan the shallot, garlic, celery and carrots.
- Then add the zucchini and bell peppers and stir well and let fry for few minutes.
- Add the red lentils and the tomato puree, stir. Add salt, pepper and thyme, stir and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in another pan (do not brown), add the flour and whisk until a creamy consistency. Then incorporate the milk slowly, stirring constantly until everything is smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove both sauces from heat.
- Take a rectangular ovenproof dish and start with a layer of bechamel sauce, then a layer lasagna sheets, a layer vegetable sauce and a little bechamel sauce, a few pieces of mozzarella. Then the next layer lasagna sheets, proceed with the layers until all lasagna sheets are used.
- Make the last layer with the bechamel sauce and mozzarella.
- Bake in oven at 220 ° C for about 20 minutes.
Recipe from: emmiscookinside.blog
Do you like my recipes?
Then click HERE to subscribe to my newsletter and get all my new recipes for free!
or email me: email@example.com
I’ve shared this recipe: