⇒ Italiano – clicca qui –
Well! As you may have noticed, I am changing my way of cooking and my way of eating!
I’ve made this delicious
bulgur vegetable bowl – hearty vegan!
You surely know couscous and this is the big brother: bulgur!
Bulgur and couscous are part of my pantry because they are so versatile in the vegan and vegetarian (plant-based) kitchen!
My suggestion for you: precook a bunch of bulgur, make portions and freeze it!
If you have no time to stay a long time in the kitchen, this is a very good option for quick dishes like this bulgur vegetable bowl!
I’ve added here a little bit of chilli to burst the flavour!
It is a quick and healthy weeknight dinner!
Here is the easy recipe!
Bulgur vegetable bowl
time= 30 minutes
- 250 g Bulgur
- 200 g broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
- 200 g green beans (fresh or frozen)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 carrot
- 2 shallots
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- some lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon granulated vegetable stock
- 1 tsp curry
- ½ tsp Curcuma
- 1 tsp ginger (powder)
- Wash bulgur and boil in a pot of salted water and let stand for about 7 minutes. Then drain.
- In the meantime, prepare the vegetables. Blanch the frozen vegetables briefly in hot water then quenched with cold water!
- Wash peppers, remove seeds and chop, wash the tomatoes and dice.
- Peel shallots, garlic and carrot and grate small.
- Now heat in a wok (or a larger pan) with 3 tablespoons olive oil. Briefly sauté the carrots, the onion and garlic for a few minutes. Add the bell peppers and tomatoes and stir well.
- Fold in the remaining vegetables and stir. Deglaze with the soy sauce and season with salt, pepper and the remaining spices and a little bit of olive oil. Stir well.
Recipe first appeared on emmiscookinside.blog