Well! As you may have noticed, I am changing my way of cooking! So, therefore, I have for you a delicious one-skillet dish with bulgur!
You know couscous and this is the big brother: Bulgur! I always have in storage bulgur and couscous because they are so versatile in the vegetarian/vegan kitchen!
You can precook bulgur and freeze. So that you have there always ready to make quick dishes like this one! Add a load of vegetables which you like!
It’s easy to make and it’s full of flavour!
Here is the recipe!
Vegan one skillet bulgur
- 250 g Bulgur
- 200 g broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
- 200 g green beans (fresh or frozen)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 carrot
- 2 shallots
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- some lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon granulated vegetable stock
- 1 tsp curry
- ½ tsp Curcuma
- 1 tsp ginger (powder)
- Wash bulgur and boil in a pot with salted water and let stand for about 7 minutes. Then drain.
- In the meantime, prepare the vegetables. The frozen vegetables blanch in hot water. (When the vegetables are cooked, it is briefly blanched in boiling salted water and then quenched with cold water!).
- Wash peppers, remove seeds and chop, wash the tomatoes and dice.
- Peel shallots, garlic and carrot and grate small.
- Now heat in a wok (or a larger pan)with 3 tablespoons olive oil. Briefly sauté the carrots, the onion and garlic for a few minutes. Add the bell peppers and tomatoes and stir well.
- Fold in the remaining vegetables and stir. Deglaze with a little water and season with salt, pepper and the remaining spices and a little bit of olive oil. Stir well.
Recipe from: www.emmiscookin.com
If you like my recipes, subscribe here with your e.-mail-adress to my blog and get all the news! Thank you!