Oh yes! We love potatoes salad in any variation! This time, I have made this light version with homemade mayonnaise without using eggs!!
Here in Germany, there are different recipes to make potatoes salad. In southern Germany they use to make their salad with oil and bacon in it, in northern Germany they make their salad with mayonnaise, eggs and bacon in it.
Well and I’ve made my own potatoes salad and I’ve made my own egg-free mayonnaise. It’s simple and delicious! I bet you’ll like it!
You can store this homemade mayonnaise for 4 – 5 days in the fridge or you can freeze it too!
Here is my recipe!
Potatoes salad with homemade vegan mayonnaise
- 1.5 kg potatoes
- 1 onion
- 5 gherkins
- Salt pepper
For the alternative mayonnaise you need:
- 50 ml soy milk, unsweetened
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp mustard
- a pinch of salt
- 100 ml oil
- Peel the potatoes, dice and cook al dente in salted water.
- Meanwhile, peel the onion and dice, dice the gherkins and put everything in a big bowl.
- In a high container now prepare the alternative mayonnaise. With a hand-held blender, it works best 😉 Enter all the ingredients successively into the container and mix until you have creamy mass.
- When the potatoes are al dente, drain and let cool. After this add them to the other ingredients in the bowl. Add the alternative mayonnaise, season with salt and pepper and stir well.
Serve with your favourite vegan sausages or with homemade chickpea patties!
Recipe from: www.emmiscookin.com
If you like my recipes, subscribe here with your e.-mail-adress to my blog and get all the news! Thank you!