Hello, you lovely people!
I start this week with a deliciousness which most of you might know as the version with meat! Well, I have for you my version of “no meat” balls!
These “no meat” balls are made with delicious white beans, which are full of vegetable proteins!
You might think, that to prepare such “no meat” balls is complicated, but it’s not!
I’ve added a bunch of vegetables in it! You can add whatever you want to your “no meat” balls!
Make them with a delicious homemade tomato sauce and serve with pasta and give this delicious dish to your kids and see what happens! 😉 They’ll love them although loaded with veggies!! Great, isn’t it? 😉
With this recipe, you obtain 30 “no meat” balls! After frying and cooling, you can put them in the freezer and you can have them anytime you want them!
Here is the recipe!
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 carrot (medium size)
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 can of white beans
- 2 slices of toast
- 2 tablespoons soy flour or 2 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Salt pepper
- Oil for frying
- Peel the onions, garlic and carrots. Wash the celery and cut into large pieces.
- Drain the white beans and put a half in a bowl and squish coarsely with a masher or a fork.
- Put the remaining beans in a blender with the onion, garlic, carrot and celery and blend until creamy.
- Add the blended ingredients to the other ingredients in the bowl and stir well.
- Crumble 2 slices of toast and add them into the bowl. Add the nutritional yeast and 2 tablespoons of soy flour or chickpea flour. Mix everything with your hands.
- If the mixture is still wet, add some breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- With your hands form some little balls, wrap them with breadcrumbs and fry them from all sides in oil until golden brown.
I have served this “no meat” balls with spaghetti and tomato sauce! But they’re tasty in any other variation. Eat them cold in a sandwich, yummy.
Recipe from: www.emmiscookin.com
If you like my recipes, subscribe here with your e.-mail-adress to my blog and get all the news! Thank you!