Have I ever told you, that I love legumes in all variations? Then I found this delicious legume mixture that can be bought that way. Various lentils and beans mixed, as a potpourri! 😉
Such mixed potpourris you can find often in Italy as the basis of minestrone! I can really recommend you this! Try it out!
I always prepare a big pot of this delicious stew, so I can freeze some portions for weeknight dinners when I don’t have the mood to stay long in my kitchen. Especially when I have a flare coming up due to my chronic pain.
So I am prepared for that case! Only thawing and warming and in few minutes this dinner is prepared!
Make a delicious homemade bread like a quick bread of mine and enjoy this wonderful meal!
Legumes stew with sausages
- 500 g legumes mixed
- 200 g carrots, diced
- 200 g leeks, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- salt pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- thyme, dried
- 2 tablespoons granulated broth
- 4 sausages, diced (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot. Glace the onions and the garlic, add the legumes and stir well. Deglaze with vegetable broth and fill the pot halfway with water, the rest of the vegetables and let boil.
- Then season with salt, pepper, and thyme, add tomato paste and granulated broth.
- Let it simmer on low heat for about 90 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- If you like, add the sausages at the end of cooking and cook for about 10 minutes.
Recipe from: www.emmiscookin.com
PIN IT !
If you like this recipe, then feel free to follow me on
or sign in with your e.-mail-adress and get all the news!