This is the Italian answer to the wraps! A tradition from the Emilia-Romagna region, from which the great foods come as Parmigiano, Prosciutto di Parma, Mortadella, Tortellini, Lasagna and of course the Piadine (literally: flat), some sort of flatbreads or pan bread rather!
They taste so delicious that you really have to make a lot of them because you eat one after another and they’ re quickly away!
Serve these Piadine with ham, cheese or sausage as well! Eat it and stuff them with whatever you love! They are simply delicious!
I love to make them at weekend night dinners for example on Saturdays! 😉 Make an Italian Wrap Party with Prosciutto or Italian Sausages !! 😉
Piadine - Italian way of wraps -
500 g flour
100 g of oil
150 g warm milk
½ teaspoon baking soda
- Heat the milk slightly and add the oil, and whisk.
- Mix the flour with a little salt together, then add the milk with the oil and work everything to a smooth dough and “massage” for about 5 minutes.
- Let the dough cool and let it rest for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal dough balls. Now roll out each dough ball and brush with a little oil.
- In a hot pan fry from both sides – each side about 1 – 2 minutes –
Serve the piadine Emiliane now with what your heart desires!
Recipe from: http://www.emmiscookinside.blog
This recipe was featured at the Healthy Living Link Party!
You like my recipes?
Then click HERE to subscribe to my newsletter and get all my new recipes for free!