When I make my weekly meal plans, I consider whether I can use leftovers. Or I plan to make more portions so that I can use the leftovers for another recipe.
Last week I scheduled for Monday the round meatloaf which is quite a big one for us 3. But I’ve planned to use these leftovers on Wednesday to make an easy and quick weeknight dinner. Combined with other ingredients which I have in storage.Yes, there was again a can of beans, and a can of chopped tomatoes, and of course bell peppers.
I had the idea to make a quick chilli con carne! Our Junior thought it was great because he loves this white beans. Of course, I did not make the hot chilli style. We adults added chilli pepper aside into the dish.
This recipe can be modified as desired, of course, no matter what you have around in your fridge! You can try this one with sausages, or with meatballs that are left. You can even chop tofu in it, then you have the vegetarian option!
And here is the easy recipe!
- 200 g (1 tin, large drained) white beans
- 2 medium carrots, finely diced
- 2 stem celery, finely diced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 500 g chopped tomatoes or tomato sauce
- 500 g meatloaf, leftover
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- Drain the white beans. Heat some oil in a large pot and fry the diced shallots, garlic, carrots, and celery.
- Add the bell pepper and mix well with the other ingredients.
- Dice the remaining meatloaf and place in the pot. Add tomatoes and stir everything well. If necessary, season with a little salt and pepper. Simmer about 15 minutes.
- Now add the white beans, stir everything well and let simmer another 5 – 10 minutes.
- Remove from stove and serve.
Serve with homemade whole wheat bread!
Recipe from: http://www.emmiscookinside.blog
PIN IT !
If you like this recipe, then feel free to follow me on