This week I quite didn’t have had time to write some posts because I got a bad cold! Always when the weather changes from summer into fall it catches me! Now I’m here on Saturday! I would like to present to you this hearty and warming stew and another easy way to serve savoy cabbage!
Another recipe that I’ve come up with! I had half a savoy cabbage there, in the freezer, I have 2 sausages waiting there to come out, and the rest of the ingredients I’ve actually always in the house. So I created this easy dish, which tastes really great! This dish will be definitely again on one of the further meal plans in my kitchen!
A hint for vegetarians among you: The sausage can be replaced by tofu. I recommend here smoked tofu, it’s tastier 😉
- ½ savoy cabbage cut
- 2 sausages (sausage meat) (or vegetarian/vegan: smoked tofu diced)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 turnip (kohlrabi), diced
- 3 potatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 3 cups water
- 2 tsp granulated broth
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, pepper
- Season the sausage meat with the fennel seeds and pepper. Mix everything well and with your hand shape dumplings.
- Sauté in a large pot the onion, garlic, and carrot in olive oil. Then add kohlrabi, potatoes, and cabbage. Mix all the ingredients well. Fill with water and season with salt, pepper, and granulated broth.
- After that add the sausage balls. With a closed pot simmer for about 30 – 40 minutes. Stir occasionally.
If you want, you can serve a delicious bread here.
Recipe from: emmiscookinside.blog
If you like this recipe, then feel free to follow me on
or email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign in with your e.-email-address and get all the news for FREE! 😉