RICETTA IN ITALIANO –
Minestra di lenticchie rosse, facile e svelta
REZEPT IN DEUTSCH –
Einfache und schnelle rote Linsensuppe
It is already the half of October!! Unbelievable, time seems running sometimes! Here in the northern part of Germany, the weather is really wet and cold and therefore it´s perfect for some soups and stews!
Last week I’ve prepared this easy and quick red lentil soup for my family! With ingredients, I have in stock! I’ve used here a vegetable mix Mexican style with sweet corn, green beans, bell peppers, and onions and yes, red lentils!
Red lentils don’t have such a long cooking time like other lentils, so they’re perfect for soups or even for vegetarian sauces.
Junior loved this soup and so it comes on our meal planning list!
Although this soup is without meat it is full of proteins! Try it with you family! Obviously, you can use other vegetables with the lentils 😉 I only give you some inspirations! 😉
Easy and quick red lentil soup
- 500 g of red lentils, dried
- 300 g Mexican vegetable mixture, frozen (green beans, sweet corn, onion, bell peppers, red beans)
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1.5 litres of vegetable broth
- Salt pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Heat the oil in a large pot. Roast the diced garlic and the scallion.
- Add the red lentils and stir well.
- Then add the vegetable mixture and fill in the vegetable stock.
- Season with salt and pepper and simmer for about 30 minutes on low heat.
- Stir occasionally. If necessary, add some water.
I served this simple fast red lentils soup with homemade focaccine (Italian pan made flatbreads).
Recipe from: http://www.emmiscookinside.blog
You like my recipes?
Then click HERE to subscribe to my newsletter and get all my new recipes for free!