I love meatloaves! And I am always in search for the certain twist to change once in a while. This time I’ve made this delicious rollin’ meat loaf!
This beautiful inspiration was brought to me from one of my favourite cooking shows in Italian television!
It is a simple but clever recipe of a filled meatloaf roast with spinach and mozzarella!
First of all, I’ve prepared the minced meat with all the herbs and spices needed. Then I took a baking sheet and I flattened the spiced minced meat. After that, I spread the spinach and the mozzarella over the meat.
Now with the help of the baking paper, I’ve started to roll the meatloaf.
Until the loaf is closed as well as possible.
After that, I’ve oiled a baking pan and put the loaf on the inside and then in the oven for about 45 minutes. And it’s done!
You can fill this rollin’ meatloaf with whatever you want and like, there are no limits to your imagination!
Do you like this idea?
Here is the recipe!
- 500 g minced meat
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Italian herbs frozen,
- 1 tablespoon chives
- salt, pepper
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 mozzarella, diced
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 150 g frozen spinach,
- 2 tablespoons curd or fresh cheese
- salt, pepper
- some oil
- First, we’ll start with the filling because it has to be cool.
- Thaw the frozen spinach slowly in a pan with 1 tablespoon oil. Slightly salt. If the spinach is thawed, add the shallot and garlic and stir. Simmer for about 5 minutes. Add the curd or fresh cheese, stir and simmer again for 5 minutes. Then enter in a fine sieve, the mass must be quite dry.
- In a bowl give now the ground beef, salt, pepper, herbs, egg and 1 to 2 tablespoons bread crumbs knead well with your hands until all ingredients are well blended. Prepare a base with baking paper.
- Then spread and flatten the meat mixture. Distribute mozzarella on it, distribute the spinach filling.
- With the help of baking paper now roll up.
- Lay the meatloaf in a lightly oiled ovenproof dish and cook at 230 ° for about 45 minutes.
- Let rest few minutes before slicing.
- Serve this delicious rollin’ meatloaf with mashed potatoes and peas.
Recipe from emmiscookinside.blog
If you like this recipe, then feel free to follow me on
or mail me: email@example.com