RICETTA IN ITALIANO –
Dal forno – Uova al forno, una ricetta facile
REZEPT IN DEUTSCH –
Aus dem Ofen – Überbackene Eier, ein leckeres und einfaches Rezept
Hello! I have for you a delicious inspiration how to use eggs. Baked eggs, an easy and frugal recipe!
Oh, what’s going on here? You surely know eggs in many variations like scrambled eggs, frittata, omelette or only boiled.
Well, this eggs here are baked in the oven. Yes, great idea huh?
It’s a really simple recipe for a weeknight dinner with your family. We mummies have always a look at the financial side. So this recipe is a sort of frugal recipe.
You can use simple ingredients which you have at home. If you don’t have bacon, you can use salami or ham instead. So did I the last time I’ve made this dish and Junior was so pleased because he doesn’t like bacon so much.
Use vegetables which you have in your freezer or fridge. Everything is ok!
This recipe starts with the making of a sort of mashed potatoes. I usually add some butter and milk to make the potatoes creamy. But if you don’t like to use butter, you can use olive oil instead and leave the milk out.
The vegetables are just sauteed in a pan and added to mashed potatoes with delicious Italian herbs. A great flavour for mashed potatoes.
The mashed potatoes and the vegetables are spread in an oven-proof dish and with a tablespoon make some bulges for the eggs. After that, the eggs take place in the bulges.
Top with sliced bacon and put in the oven.
And that’s it! Baked eggs are ready!
Easy, simple, frugal and delicious isn’t it?
Here is the printable recipe!
- 8 potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 200 g of peas, frozen
- 1 tablespoon Italian herbs, frozen
- 1 clove of garlic, diced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp of milk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 slices of bacon
- salt and pepper
- Peel, wash and roughly dice the potatoes. Peel the carrots and cut into smaller cubes.
- In a pot, cook the potatoes in a little-salted water for about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a frying pan, sauté the scallions and the garlic. Add the carrot cubes and the peas and stir well. Season with salt, pepper and add the Italian herbs. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- When the potatoes are cooked, pour them back into the pot. Add 1 tbsp of butter and 3 tbsp. of milk and mash them.
- Now add the vegetables from the pan and mix well. Maybe add some salt and pepper, if needed.
- Brush an oven-resistant form with oil and spread the potatoes mash and vegetables in it.
- Using a spoon now make for the egg bulges.
- Now place the eggs in the bulges.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Then spread the bacon slices.
- Bake at 220 ° C for about 20 – 25 minutes in the oven.
Recipe from emmiscookinside.blog
You like my recipes?
Then click HERE to subscribe to my newsletter and get all my new recipes for free!
or mail me: firstname.lastname@example.org
© Emmi’s Cookinside.blog 2017