Ricetta in Italiano
In padella – Fusilli con salsa cremosa con cavolo rapa
Rezept in Deutsch
Aus der Pfanne – Fusilli mit cremiger Kohlrabisoße
Here I am on this wonderful Women’s Day 2017 with a new recipe from my weekly menu plans: Fusilli with creamy turnip cabbage (kohlrabi) sauce!
Well, this is a recipe which I’ve decided to make at the time when I wrote down my ideas for my menu plans. I sit down in my little kitchen (it’s really a little kitchen, but I love it!) and I have a look in my pantry what is there. And there was this huge Fusilli in there! Yes, my sister and my brother-in-law came from Italy to Northern Germany for a visit and brought me delicious pasta! 😉
Then I had a look at my vegetable basket and there I saw a turnip and some carrots and in my head, I created the creamy dish! Said and done, I wrote it down and planned it in my menu plan!
First of all, peel the kohlrabi (turnip) and the carrots and grate with a grater. Dice the onion, the garlic and the smoked ham.
Prepare the light salted water for the pasta and bring it to boil. Cook the pasta al dente.
During this time we have time to prepare the sauce, it’s really very easy!
Let melt some butter in the pan and add the onion, the garlic and the ham and let it roast a little.
After that add the turnip and the carrots, add a little salt and let fry for a few minutes. Add the cream cheese and let melt, add the milk and the herbs and stir well. Let simmer for about 10 minutes.
When the pasta is cooked, drain and add it to the sauce in the pan, mix well and it’s done! 😉
Serve with freshly grated parmesan! A really delicious dish!
Here is the recipe!
Fusilli with creamy turnip cabbage (kohlrabi) sauce
- 500 g of Fusilli
- 1 medium kohlrabi, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 4 slices of smoked ham
- 1 tbsp fresh cheese
- 200 ml of milk
- 1 tsp parsley, frozen
- 1 teaspoon Italian herbs, frozen
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper
- First, peel the kohlrabi and the carrot and grate with a grater. Cut the onion and the garlic into fine cubes. Cut the smoked ham.
- Boil the lightly salted water for the pasta and cook the pasta al dente.
- During this time you can prepare the sauce. Let the butter melt in a pan. Add the garlic, the onion and the smoked ham and let slightly roast, then add the carrots and the kohlrabi, add a little salt and let simmer slightly.
- Then add the fresh cheese and let it melt, then add the milk and stir well. Season with the herbs, parsley, spice with salt and pepper and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Now drain the Fusilli and place in the pan and mix well with the creamy sauce.
- Serve with grated Parmesan.
Recipe from emmiscookinside.blog
You like my recipes?
Then click HERE to subscribe to my newsletter and get all my new recipes for free!
or mail me: firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2017 – Emmi’s Cookinside.blog