⇒Ricetta – Italiano –
Hello! Here I’m back again with a delicious dish from my weekly meal plan #27!
This is my variation of a traditional Italian meat ragú but without meat! Oh yes!! It is rich in plant proteins using instead of meat red lentils! And the result is this delicious vegetarian plate of Spaghetti with red lentils Bolognese!
This kind of vegetarian ragú is really so simple and quick to make, you will only need about half an hour to prepare it! Yes, amazing, isn’t it? Red lentils have a short cooking time compared to other lentils and those little “red gems” are so versatile and I’ve always red lentils in my pantry. What about you?
And yes, you can prepare a big pot of this red lentils Bolognese, make portions and freeze them! So you have always a quick dinner on hand if you don’t have time to prepare a dinner!
Here is the easy recipe!
Spaghetti with red lentils Bolognese
- 400 g spaghetti
- 150 g red lentils (dry)
- 1 peppers (red or yellow), diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 500 g of passed tomatoes
- 2 tsp thyme
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Lightly fry onions, garlic, carrots, and peppers.
- Add the red lentils and stir well.
- Sprinkle with 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar.
- Now add the tomatoes and season with salt, pepper, and thyme, stir well.
- Allow simmering for about 15 minutes.
- Boil a pot of lightly salted water and boil the spaghetti al dente.
- Then pour the spaghetti and serve with the sauce.
Recipe from: emmiscookinside.blog
Do you like my recipes?
Then click HERE to subscribe to my newsletter and get all my new recipes for free!
Or follow me on
I’ve shared this recipe: