⇒Ricetta – Italiano –
On my weekly meal plan #29, I’ve had delicious creamy potatoes and chicken casserole!
I love to make casseroles because there are so many ways to make them and they are the perfect weeknight dinner for the family!
It’s perfect to gather around the after a long school day and a long working day and laughing and talking together!
So this creamy potato and chicken casserole is really delicious and easy to make:
Here is the easy recipe!
Creamy potatoes and chicken casserole
- 6 potatoes, sliced
- 400 g chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 carrots, diced
- 250 g of the vegetable mixture (peas, carrots, and corn), frozen
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 tablespoons creamy herbal cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated Emmentaler
- 2 tablespoons oil
For the bechamel:
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 50 g flour
- 500 ml of milk
- 2 tsp Italian herbs, frozen
- salt pepper
- First, peel the potatoes and cut into thin slices.
- Place in a pot with lightly salted water and cook for about 10 min.
- Drain and cool.
- Cut the chicken breast into fine strips.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan and fry the chicken breast strips from all sides.
- Add the diced onion, garlic, carrots and the remaining vegetables and stir well.
- Add the creamy herbal cheese, melt and add some water.
- Mix thoroughly and simmer for about 10 minutes with the lid closed.
- Time to make the bechamel.
- In a pan, heat 2 tbsp. oil gently.
- Stir 2 tablespoons of flour with the oil and slowly add the milk. Stir constantly until a slightly creamy consistency develops.
- Take the pot from the cooking place, season the bechamel with salt, pepper, and the herbs. Stir everything very well.
- Take a rectangular baking dish and spread some bechamel as the bottom layer.
- Then add the vegetable mixture with the chicken strips, add the potato slices and the bechamel sauce.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Spread the grated cheese over it and bake at 220 ° C for about 20 minutes (depending on the oven, the times may vary!).
Recipe from: emmiscookinside.blog
PIN IT FOR LATER!
I’ve shared this recipe at
Do you like my recipes?
Then click HERE to subscribe to my newsletter and get all my new recipes for free!
Or follow me on