⇒Ricetta – Italiano –
On my weekly meal plan #29, I’ve had delicious creamy potatoes and chicken casserole!
I love to make casseroles because there are so many ways to make them and they are the perfect weeknight dinner for the family!
It’s perfect to gather around the after a long school day and a long working day and laughing and talking together!
So this creamy potato and chicken casserole is really delicious and easy to make:
Here is the easy recipe!
Creamy potatoes and chicken casserole
- 6 potatoes, sliced
- 400 g chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 carrots, diced
- 250 g of vegetable mixture (peas, carrots, and corn), frozen
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 tablespoons creamy herbal cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated Emmentaler
- 2 tablespoons oil
For the bechamel:
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 50 g flour
- 500 ml of milk
- 2 tsp Italian herbs, frozen
- salt pepper
- First, peel the potatoes and cut into thin slices.
- Place in a pot with lightly salted water and cook for about 10 min.
- Drain and cool.
- Cut the chicken breast into fine strips.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan and fry the chicken breast strips from all sides.
- Add the diced onion, garlic, carrots and the remaining vegetables and stir well.
- Add the creamy herbal cheese, melt and add some water.
- Mix thoroughly and simmer for about 10 minutes with the lid closed.
- Time to make the bechamel.
- In a pan, heat 2 tbsp. oil gently.
- Stir 2 tablespoons of flour with the oil and slowly add the milk. Stir constantly until a slightly creamy consistency develops.
- Take the pot from the cooking place, season the bechamel with salt, pepper, and the herbs. Stir everything very well.
- Take a rectangular baking dish and spread some bechamel as the bottom layer.
- Then add the vegetable mixture with the chicken strips, add the potato slices and the bechamel sauce.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Spread the grated cheese over it and bake at 220 ° C for about 20 minutes (depending on the oven, the times may vary!).
Recipe from: emmiscookinside.blog
Do you like my recipes?
Then click HERE to subscribe to my newsletter and get all my new recipes for free!
Or follow me on