⇒Ricetta – Italiano –
A few weeks ago I’ve planned this delicious cheesy leek and potato soup on my weekly meal plan #29!
Here in Germany, we have a similar recipe using leek, cheese and ground beef. I wanted to make a vegetarian way of this dish and I think it turned really into a delicious and easy stew!
Perfect for cosy autumn and winter evenings with your family! Junior loves this soup although there is leek in it which he doesn’t really like so much. But made in this form he loves it! So win-win situation!
Here is the easy recipe!
Cheesy leek and potato soup
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 4 carrots, diced
- 6 potatoes, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cups of herbal processed cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp marjoram
- 1 tablespoon Italian herbs, frozen
- salt pepper
- approx. 800 ml vegetable broth
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, roast onion, garlic and carrots. Mix well.
- Add the leeks and potatoes, add a little salt and add the vegetable broth and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the processed cheese, melt and stir well.
- Cook for a further 15 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Serve with delicious homemade bread.
Recipe first appeared on emmiscookinside.blog
Do you like my recipes?
Then click HERE to subscribe to my newsletter and get all my new recipes for free!
Or follow me on