Today I have a really delicious inspiration for you!
What do you think of a savoury onions and mushrooms cake as a delicious vegetarian way to start a menu?
If you are searching for a delicious starter, then this is for you!
It’s really a perfect way to start a menu and it is so easy to make!
You can prepare it in time and then reheat before serving! Isn’t it great?!
You only need a few ingredients and while the dough rests a little (only 30 min!), you can slice the onions and the mushrooms and prepare the covering!
That’s all and it’s not requiring a lot of time and you have a homemade dough for this delicious savoury onion and mushrooms cake!
Here is the easy recipe!
Savoury onions and mushrooms cake
A perfect vegetarian starter for a menu.
Ingredients for 1 round quiche shape:
For the dough:
- 250 g all-purpose flour
- 100 ml of water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 4 onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- 10 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ glass of white wine
- 4 tablespoons herbed fresh cream cheese
- some milk
- salt and pepper
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the water and the oil and mix well and knead until a smooth dough is formed.
- Let the dough rest for about 30 minutes.
- Time to peel the onions and cut into thin slices, same procedure with the mushrooms. Peel the garlic and dice finely.
- In a pan, heat 1 tbsp. of oil and fry the onions with the garlic.
- Add the mushrooms and mix well and sauté for a few minutes.
- Deglaze with the white wine and leave to evaporate.
- Add the herbed cream cheese, melt and refine with some milk.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Put the dough into a round shape on a floured work surface.
- Lightly brush the baking tin with oil and put in the dough. Make sure that the dough goes up the edges! Sting the dough with a fork.
- Now spread the onion and mushroom mixture from the pan onto the dough.
- Bake in the oven at 220 ° C for about 20 – 25 minutes, depending on the oven!
Recipe first appeared on emmiscookinside.blog
Do you like my recipes?
Then subscribe with your E.-Mail-Adress and get all my new recipes for free!
Or follow me on