It’s Saturday, weekend! Time to get cosy on this cold winter! Or let’s say it in the Danish term: hygge! And that’s what we did last Saturday!
Quite a while ago Junior told me that he would like to try Burritos! Okay, great idea Junior! And here are Burritos Emmi Style, a perfect dinner for hygge weekends!
I know that there are so many ways to make Burritos but this time I’ve chosen to make this version of mine with simple ingredients which I had on hand like chicken breast, beans, tomatoes, bell peppers.
Normally I use to make my own tortilla wraps, but this time, I’ve used store-bought!
And they were so delicious and I definitely have to try more of this deliciousness!
Here is the easy recipe!
Burritos Emmi Style
- 1 pack of tortilla wraps (6 pieces)
- 400 g chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 small tin of kidney beans
- 2 peppers, diced
- 2 onions, diced
- 300 g of passed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp marjoram
- salt pepper
- 75 g Gouda, young, grated
- In a pan, heat the olive oil.
- Fry the chicken breast strips in it from all sides.
- Add the onions, mix and sauté briefly.
- Add the peppers, the beans and the tomatoes and mix well.
- Now add the spices, season with salt and pepper and stir again.
- Continue to simmer over medium heat until meat is cooked in about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Now fill the tortilla wraps one by one. Using a spoon, spread some meat and beans in the middle of the wraps and sprinkle with some grated Gouda.
- Now fold the wrap at the short ends and roll it up carefully at the long ends.
- Place in a baking dish.
- Proceed until all wraps are next to each other in the baking dish.
- Leave the wraps in the oven for about 10 minutes at 200 ° C.
- Take out and serve!
Recipe first appeared on emmiscookinside.blog
Servings 6.0, serving size 1 Burrito
Per serving | Calories: 345, Total Fat: 8 g, Saturated Fat:4 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium:166 mg, Potassium: 0 mg, Carbohydrate: 41 g, Dietary Fiber: 2 g, Sugars: 4 g, Protein: 26 g
DO YOU LIKE MY RECIPES AND WEEKLY MENU PLANS?
THEN SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR E.-MAIL-ADRESS HERE AND GET ALL MY NEW RECIPES FOR FREE!
OR FOLLOW ME ON