How is your week going?
The winter has reached us here in Northern Germany and it’s really damn cold outside!!! So we’re still craving something cold and warming!
Well and I’ve made those really delicious
baked beans – an easy side dish
I love to make this easy side dish in different variations! Serving it as a side dish with grilled sausages it’s a really delicious option, don’t you think?
But skipping the meat and sausages and adding to the baked beans a little melting cheese on top and serving with tortilla wraps you can make a delicious vegetarian dish!
Use those baked beans as vegetarian stuffing for Burritos!
You see, there are so many ways to transform a side dish into a delicious main dish!
This is a recipe from my weekly menu plan no. 3/2018 and I served it this time with sausages!
And the best of it: you don’t really need a lot of ingredients!
I have the ingredients which I’ve used in stock such as pinto beans, red bell pepper, onions, garlic, olive oil, red wine, chilli pepper (it’s optional!), tomato sauce and some spices!
And here is the easy recipe for baked beans – an easy side dish!
- 2 red peppers
- 1 large can of pinto beans or kidney beans
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 glass of red wine olive olive
- olive oil
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 teaspoon Italian herbs
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon vegetable broth, grained salt
- salt and pepper
- some water
- Peel and dice the onion and garlic.
- Wash the peppers, remove seeds and cut into chunks.
- Drain the beans.
- In a large pan, warm the oil.
- Put the onion and the garlic in the pan, salt and saute briefly.
- Now add the peppers, saute briefly and deglaze with red wine and let it reduce slightly.
- Add the beans and the tomato sauce, add a little water and stir well. Spice with salt, pepper and vegetable stock, stir well and simmer for 15 minutes.
Recipe first appeared on emmiscookinside.blog
DO YOU LIKE MY RECIPES AND WEEKLY MENU PLANS?
THEN SUBSCRIBE WITH YOUR E.-MAIL-ADRESS HERE AND GET ALL MY NEW RECIPES FOR FREE!
OR FOLLOW ME ON