Here is my vegan version of Röstis.
Röstis with vegan Zaziki!
I was inspired by a recipe, which I had seen on the web! And what can I say, this dish will be definitely again on my vegan meal plan!
If you have kids or picky eaters you can hide a lot of vegetables in it so you can make a really nice dish for your kids!
Add to the grated potatoes some carrots, or zucchini, or cauliflower, broccoli! Whatever you like! Try it out!
Our Junior was absolutely thrilled!
I’ve served to this Röstis a vegan Zaziki!
If you like the sweet version, just serve the röstis with a delicious applesauce!
Here is the easy recipe!
Röstis with vegan Zaziki
servings: 8, time: 30 – 40 minutes, difficulty: easy
- 6 potatoes, cooked al dente
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 – 5 tbsp red lentils flour
- salt, pepper
- some oil for the pan
For the dip:
- 500 g soy yoghurt
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 sleeve of garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Italian herbs
- salt and pepper
- Grind the pre-cooked potatoes coarsely.
- In this bowl, add the grated carrots and the onion.
- Mix well with the red lentils flour.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a pan heat the oil and form flat patties from the mixture.
- Fry from each side about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Grind the cucumber and the garlic in a bowl.
- Whisk in the soy yoghurt.
- Season with salt, pepper, lemon juice, Italian herbs and the olive oil. Stir and serve.
Recipe first appeared on: emmiscookinside.blog