Oh my goodness! It seems the winter is almost here! Everywhere snow and cold temperatures! So perfect for a hearty warming Sauerkraut hot one-pot! What do you think?
This warming dish is really the perfect one for your family if you need something warming!
Sauerkraut is well known all over the world for the German number one dish! Traditionally it is served with mashed potatoes and sausages.
I’ve thought to combine sauerkraut with bell peppers, tomatoes, beans and potatoes, adding the little twist of chilli peppers!
In less than 30 minutes you have this delicious hot one-pot for your family and yes, if you have children, you don’t have to add the peppers.
If you like you can add sausages or bacon to the one-pot. But I assure you, that it’s tasty for itself without the meat!
Make a big pot at your next party, perfect!!
Here is the recipe!
Sauerkraut hot one-pot
- 500 g Sauerkraut
- 4 potatoes
- 1 bell pepper
- 1can kidney beans
- 1 onions
- 1 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon provencale herbs seasoning
- 1 tablespoon pepper powder
- 1 L vegetable stock
- salt, pepper
- sour creme
- Tabasco or even chillis!
- Skin the onions, the garlic and the potatoes. Slice and dice them.
- Wash the bell pepper and leave the seeds. Cut the peppers in pieces.
- Drain the beans and the sauerkraut.
- Put the olive oil in a pot and warm over low heat. Add the onions, garlic and stir. Then put the potatoes, the bell pepper to the onions and let them fry a little bit.
- Now add the sauerkraut and the beans. Stir them. Deglaze with the vegetable stock.
- Add the tomato paste, salt, pepper and the herbs and the chilli peppers.
- Cook for about half an hour over low heat, til the potatoes are done. Stir up once in a while.
- Serve this dish with a sourcream topping and some bread! 😉
Recipe from emmiscookinside.blog
This recipe was featured at Thursday Favourite Things!
Featured on Friday’s Five Features No. 174
If you like this recipe, then feel free to follow me on
or mail me: firstname.lastname@example.org